I’ve been getting my concrete on lately.
It’s made from a bucket, concrete, some dowel and white paint.
Super easy to make and hopefully it’s going to take pride of place in our new guest room as a set of side tables.
Head over to see Bens tutorial here.
Or check out how we made it below.
DIY Concrete Stool/Bedside Table (makes 2)
You will need:
1 bag Rapid set concrete
20L Bucket (we bought ours from the hardware store)
Cooking Oil Spray
Dowell rod 2.4m in length (cut into 40cm lengths)
Water to mix with and a stirrer
How to make a Concrete Stool/bedside table
1. Gather your materials. Cut the dowel into 6 even lengths, (we cut to 40cm each.) Then sand the ends so they are smooth.
2. Spray the inside of the bucket with cooking oil spray. (It makes it just slip out at the end)
3. We marked 7cm points on our bucket, so we had both stools at the same depth.
4. Then mix the concrete with water to a batter consistency.
5. Pour into the bucket, stopping at the dots marked, and give it a few good taps to get the air bubbles out.
6. Then push the dowel into the centre to form a triangle shape and lean the legs on the side of the bucket.
7. Let set for 48 hours.
8. Then gently flip over and remove the bucket.
9. Using painters tape mark off the same height around the legs, paint and once dry remove the painters tape and you are done.
Let this dry for a few more days, (you can see the concrete change colour as the days pass, see our final pic)
I love how these turned out, I’m not sure about the strength for a stool, but I think they will be great as side tables in our guest bedroom,
teamed with some of my Yamba Scandi Cushions and a neat pendant light hanging over the top.
Thanks for an awesome idea Ben! Head over and check out more cool concrete ideas at Home Made Modern.
And the biggest news this week.
We have council approval.
We’ve begun building our new dream home with GJ Gardner.
I thought you might like to see a pic of our plans and the first work on the site.
Can you tell I’m super excited?
Such a change from where we were 12 months ago, (one day I’ll fill you in on that story too.)
I took a break last week,
because we lost another one of our favourite uncles,
the upside was, I got to see my beautiful family and our extended family though, while celebrating the life of one of our favourite guys.
I’m working on a new print to add into our home, inspired by Uncle Rob.
Don’t forget to hold your friends and family tight and tell them that you love them every day. x
I thought you might like to read this story, I wish you enough, by Bob Perks, I think it is beautiful.
I wish you all enough guys. x
Live with Love,
Linking up with With Some Grace, Life Love Hiccups
Tags: DIY Concrete Stool
Hi I'm Sarah, I'm a blogger and an artist who’s made the sea change and moved to the north coast of Australia. I love an easy DIY and making my house my canvas, my new home has become my greatest project: Yamba Scandi. Come visit me in my shop to view my collection of prints, canvasses, home decor and paper goods READ MORE.
Yamba Scandi Collection // Black and white prints and canvasses // Home decor //Paper goods